ALIEN ANALYSIS WORKSHOP
Include up to 180 pupils per day
Participants will explore the mysteries of Valles Marineris, the huge canyon system of Mars, by representing the scientists responsible for analysing samples taken the location. Students will learn new practical techniques to improve their scientific experimentation and analytical skills. But they will need to work as a team to apply new and existing knowledge to explain their findings. Pupils from Year 5-7 will complete the carefully structured Mars Sand investigation whilst those in Year 8 - 13 will use MicroChemistry to identify a mystery compound from three different reactions. The race to be the first to deliver an accurate report and send samples to Earth is on! Adapted to best suit age and ability.
• Type: 3-5 Sessions/Day
• Versions: Yr 5&6 / Yr 7&8 / Yr 9-11 / Yr 12-13
• Difficulty: KS2 Easy-Moderate / KS3-5 Hard-Very Hard
• Subject Focus: Chemistry & Critical Thinking
• No. Participants: 12-36 / Session
• Duration: 1-Hour/Session (Fit to school day)
2 Sessions: £495+VAT*
3 Sessions: £595+VAT
4 Sessions: £750+VAT
5 Sessions : £895+VAT
* The Option of 2 Sessions/Day is Only Available from 11:00 Onward
Delivered in addition to ice-breakers & team-building activities
• Exploring Valles Marineris
• Yr 5-7 Mars Sand Investigation
• Yr 8-13 MicroChemistry Redox Reactions
• Mission Quiz
A complete skills map & workshop ebrochure can be downloaded from our response email when you check available dates.
"Excellent event. Very interactive and informative. Encouraged creative thinking and problem solving skills. All pupils enjoyed the activities. Usage of microscale equipment in practical work is very good and as teachers it helps us to implement in class room teaching."
S Anbu, Teacher, Guru Nanak Sikh Academy