Amended Terms & Conditions During The Coronavirus Pandemic
These remain unprecedented times for us all but please be assured that our teams are closely following the guidance from the UK Government, teaching unions and good scientific advice – and will act in accordance.
We fully understand that you may need to change your workshop plans given the evolving COVID-19 situation, so we have put a number of measures in place so that you can book and manage your workshops with confidence.
We have made some temporary changes to our terms and conditions – specifically regarding cancellations and postponements of workshops booked with Thinkers in Education due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Applicable To All Bookings
1) Pandemic Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings made until the UK is classified as having emerged from the Coronavirus Pandemic or until 22nd July 2022 (whichever is later). Standard Cancellation Terms will apply to all bookings after this time. Please refer to the copy of your terms and conditions included with your booking form notification. A member of the TiE team will contact any host school affected by changes in Terms & Conditions if the workshop(s) booked are impacted.
2) We will ensure our presentation team are not presenting symptoms of Coronavirus before working with your school/establishment and will contact you should there be any changes to the team due to deliver your workshop. There are no cancellation charges should TiE cancel the workshop. We will discuss all alternative workshop options available beforehand.
3) We are giving additional levels of flexibility to customers with workshop bookings due to be delivered during the pandemic. Should your school or establishment close due to the Coronavirus please give us as much notice as possible to enable us to change our tour routes and plans. You can choose to Cancel or Postpone your workshop.
4) TiE will limit cancellation charges to 10% of the workshop cost provided you notify TiE via email no later than FIVE days before the workshop is due. If you cancel with less than FIVE days before the commencement of the workshop, TiE will charge 20% of the workshop cost to cover additional work completed to prepare equipment plus any accommodation costs incurred by the TiE presentation team.
5) You can choose to postpone your workshop rather than cancel it. TiE will reschedule your workshop to a mutually agreed date within 12 months of the original date of delivery. Your school/establishment will receive priority options on available dates and TiE will waive all cancellation fees provided you email us with your decision no later than 11:00 a.m the day before the workshop is due to start. If you email your postponement notice after this time a charge of 10% of the workshop cost will be made to cover costs incurred by TiE. This applies to any workshop. TiE will deliver the workshop originally booked as standard but will happily discuss alternative options of equal value.
6) Should the UK Government order school/establishment closures a member of Thinkers in Education will contact you to discuss postponement or cancellation options (as detailed above) via phone or email. TiE will contact you SEVEN days before your workshop is due to run unless closures occur closer to the delivery date – in which instance TiE will contact you as soon as possible. You will benefit from priority options on alternative dates if you choose to postpone workshops. If you choose to cancel your workshops, all cancellation charges will be frozen at 10% of the workshop cost.
Applicable to Multi-Day and/or Holiday Workshop Bookings
We want to ensure you have the most flexible options available to help meet your original objectives. Amendments 1-4 above apply to your workshop booking. However, should you wish to postpone your workshop you will also be able to:
5.1) Arrange the multi-day/holiday workshop for a different holiday period within 12 months* of the original delivery date. Dates will be allocated on a ‘first to book’ basis.
6.1) Host the 2-5 day workshop experience as single-day workshops throughout the term. We can deliver each day of the extended workshop in a different week of the term if required. We can also deliver workshops on Saturdays and Sundays.
7.1) Swap your 2-5 day workshop for separate workshops for different student groups up to the value of the original booking.
STAYING IN TOUCH AND UP-TO-DATE
We know you may have more questions, so please email us or revisit this page which is constantly being updated with our latest information and advice.
Thank you for your continued support.
Thinkers in Education
* Thinkers in Education have based the current postponement period of 12 months on the impact of Coronavirus on educational establishments as of March 17th 2022. We will continue to monitor the situation to best help our host schools feel safe when booking workshops.
Host on school-days, at weekends or in the holidays