MANAGING YOUR WORKSHOP BOOKINGS WITH CONFIDENCE
These are unprecedented times for us all but please be assured that our teams are closely following the guidance from the UK Government and teaching unions – and will act in accordance.
We fully understand that you may need to change your workshop plans given the evolving COVID-19 situation, so we have put a number of measures in place so that you can book and manage your workshops with confidence.
We have made some temporary changes to our terms and conditions – specifically regarding cancellations and postponements of workshops booked with Thinkers in Education due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Applicable To All Bookings
1) We will ensure our presentation team are not presenting symptoms of Coronavirus before working with your school/establishment and will contact you should there be any changes to the team due to deliver your workshop. There are no cancellation charges should TiE cancel the workshop. We will discuss all alternative workshop options available beforehand.
2) We are giving additional levels of flexibility to customers with workshop bookings due to be delivered from March 2020. Should your school or establishment close due to the Coronavirus please give us as much notice as possible to enable us to change our tour routes and plans.
2a) You can choose to postpone your workshop rather than cancel it. We will reschedule your workshop to a mutually agreed date within 12 months* of the original date of delivery. Your school will receive priority options on available dates and we will waive all cancellation fees. This applies to any workshop. We will deliver the workshop originally booked as standard but will happily discuss alternative options of equal value.
2b) You can cancel your workshop. Cancellation charges are ordinarily based on the amount of preparation made by TiE prior to any workshop delivered. These charges increase when cancellations are made closer to the workshop delivery date. In light of the current situation, we have drastically reduced the cancellation notice period to just FIVE days before the workshop is due. We have limited cancellation charges to just 10% of workshop cost provided you notify us via email no later than FIVE days before the workshop is due.
3) Should the UK Government order school/establishment closures a member of Thinkers in Education will contact you to discuss postponement or cancellation options (as detailed above) via phone or email. We will contact you SEVEN days before your workshop is due to run unless closures occur closer to the delivery date – in which instance we will contact as soon as possible. This approach allows us to monitor the situation for you and enable the workshop to run with very short notice should the school reopen. You will benefit from priority options on alternative dates if you choose to postpone workshops. If you choose to cancel your workshops, all cancellation charges will be frozen at 10% of the workshop cost.
4) Standard Cancellation Terms apply to all bookings whilst the school/establishment is open or reopens as normal. Please refer to the copy of your terms and conditions included with your booking form notification.
Applicable to Multi-Day and/or Holiday Workshop Bookings
We want to ensure you have the most flexible options available to help meet your original objectives. Amendments 1-4 above apply to your workshop booking. However, should you wish to postpone your workshop you will also be able to:
5) Arrange the multi-day/holiday workshop for a different holiday period within 12 months* of the original delivery date. Dates will be allocated on a ‘first to book’ basis.
6) Host the 2-5 day workshop experience as single-day workshops throughout the term. We can deliver each day of the extended workshop in a different week of the term if required. We can also deliver workshops on Saturdays and Sundays.
7) Swap your 2-5 day workshop for separate workshops for different student groups up to the value of the original booking.
STAYING IN TOUCH AND UP-TO-DATE
We know you may have more questions, so please email us or revisit this page which is constantly being updated with our latest information and advice.
Thank you for your continued support.
Thinkers in Education
* Thinkers in Education have based the current postponement period of 12 months on the impact of Coronavirus on educational establishments as of June 8th 2020. We will continue to monitor the situation to best help our host schools feel safe when booking workshops.